The Nevada State Department of Transportation is undertaking the following activities and initiatives to increase cycling in Nevada:
1. A variety of bicycle education classes are offered to the public.
2. A Bicycle/Pedestrian program within the Department of Transportation oversees the development of local and state plans, collection of data, field inspections and investigations, and plans reviews of new facilities related to bicycling.
3. The Nevada Bicycle Awards program annually recognizes agencies, activists, individuals, clubs and communities for positive contributions to improving cycling conditions in the state.
4. New bicycle and pedestrian facilities are being constructed in partnership with the regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada.
5. The Nevada State Bicycle Plan has been developed, which contains multiple pedestrian and bicyclist goals including increasing the level of bicycling throughout Nevada, reducing the number of motor vehicle/bicyclist crashes, and supporting and encouraging suitable, convenient and efficient paths for bicycling.
Encourage livable communities through non-motorized transit.